DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION (DSA)
Information on 2021 Direct School Admission to Teck Whye Secondary School (For admission to Secondary One in 2022)
The DSA-Sec Exercise was introduced by the Ministry of Education in 2004. It seeks to promote holistic education and provide students an opportunity to demonstrate a more diverse range of achievements and talents in seeking admission to a secondary school.
When choosing a secondary school, parents are encouraged to consider the students’ aptitudes and strengths, the school’s academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the students’ talents.
We would like to invite students with an interest or aptitude in the talent areas stated below and seeking admission to our school, to apply through this exercise.
DSA Talent Areas
(New and refreshed DSAs jointly offered by Chua Chu Kang Sec & Teck Whye Sec)
- Selection for admission to the school via DSA-Secondary is based on the following:
- CCA Involvement – Participation, Representation & Achievements Physical Fitness
- Latest NAPFA Test Results
- Modern Dance
- CCA Involvement – Participation, Representation & Achievements
- Or relevant experience or qualification in Modern Dance.
- Community Youth Leadership (NEW)
- Students must have assumed leadership role in the primary school in either CCA, Class or Committees.
- Active participation in a school or community project or work.
- Science for Sustainable Development (NEW)
- Aptitude in Science
- Any relevant experience in Science for Sustainable Development
- Applicants should also possess the positive character traits and good conduct in school.
Application for DSA-Sec must be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 5 May 2021 to 1 Jun 2021. For more details, please refer to the MOE website – www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an e-Interview between 10 July 2021 and 27 August 2021.
Applicants will be notified by post or email latest on the outcome of their application.
Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school and participate in the CCA or activities related to the respective talent areas allocated throughout their four years in Teck Whye Secondary School.
For more information on DSA related matters at Teck Whye Secondary School, please email the school at email@example.com