Teachers in charge
|Overall Teacher in charge||Ms Ow Liying|
|Ms Beatrice Lim|
|Teacher in charge||Mdm Ifa Hanifah|
|Mrs Dorothy Krishna|
Teck Whye Dance aims to provide dancers with the opportunities to appreciate, create, present and respond to the different genres of dance.The dance programme gives exposure to students in dance genres like ethnic dance and international dance through a modular system.
Dancers are involved in discussing and relating to the values of the respective art forms and how these art forms apply in their lives and also societies across cultures. As part of confidence building, the dancers also apply the skills, techniques and processes in the creation of their dances, while showcasing their skills through dance presentation and performances to different types of audiences.
Teck Whye Dance is where dancers learn, grow and excel as one troop building perseverance and unity in line with the school values.
Key Programmes and Activities
- Singapore Youth Festival Presentation
Events / Highlights
- Overseas Learning Experience
- Public performance at major school event eg ArtsSynery concert, Graduation Day Ceremony, Homecoming Dinner, Teachers’ Day etc.
- School Outreach to primary schools
- Leadership and teambuilding camp.
- Dance Talent Development Programme
|Wednesday||3.00 pm – 6.00 pm|
|Friday||2.30 pm – 5.30 pm|
* Additional Training will be conducted during competition / performance periods
Representations and Achievements
- Singapore Youth Festival Presentation 2019 : Certificate of Distinction (Chinese Dance category)
:Certificate of Distinction (International Dance category)
- Super 24 Competition (Modern Dance)
- ARTSYNERGY 2018
- SYF Youth Celebrations at Esplanade Outdoor Theatre (Chinese Dance)
- Super 24 Dance Competition (Modern Dance): 2nd Place for Preliminary Round and Finalist
- Singapore Youth Festival 2017 : Certificate of Distinction (Chinese Dance category) :Certificate of Accomplishment (International Dance category)
- SYF Celebrations public performance at United Square shopping mall (Chinese Dance)
- Modern Dance competitions
- Super 24 Dance Competition: 6th Place
- Pulse Competition
- 2nd Runner Up for Hip Hop Category
- 1st Runner Up for Kpop Category
- ARTS SYNERGY 2016
- Chinese Dance : 24th Touch of the Hearts Committee fundraising performance
- Modern Dance
- Super 24 Dance Competition: 5th Place
- Burnout Competition: Champions
- Pulse Competition: Finalist
- Nanyang Polytechnic Groove (Combined team with Juying Secondary School): Champions
- Singapore Youth Festival 2015 : Certificate of Accomplishment (Chinese Dance category) : Certificate of Accomplishment (International Dance category)